Cheek (malar) augmentation
Services & Facilities
- Doctor fee
- Clinical interview/ surgery consultation
- All medications supplies
- No extra cost for addition check up
- 1 night in hospital with private room after surgery under anesthesia
- Inform us about any allergies, all medical you are using and medical that you can’t use.
- Avoid aspirin And all the supplements , anticoagulant and vitamin E before surgery at least 2 weeks
- Blood pressure within controlled
- Do not smoke at least 3 days before and after surgery
- Plan to be in Bangkok at least 6 – 10 days after surgery
- Press cold around the cheeks for 2 – 3 days
- Sleep in slightly head up for first week
- Washing face and tooth brushing are allowed but be careful not to scratch on the incision
- Keep bandage on for 3 days and then you can remove it by yourself
- No stitches off needed/ but there will be needed in case of doing the incision at lateral or lower eyelids 5 days after operation
Cheek augmentation performed for improve the curve out of cheek bone, cheek contour for facial balance and symmetry by using medical grade implant vary in sizes and shape to fit each patient’s face.
The surgery will do under local or general anesthesia by create the pocket inside your upper lip or rarely through the lower eyelids and insert the implant through the tunnel into the pocket which is create under the soft tissue and over the cheekbones.
In case of the patient do many kinds of surgery on face such as face lift or eyelids surgery; the implant can be inserted through the incisions made for those procedures. If not, the incision will be made inside your upper lip or lower eyelids as above.
Patient will get cheekbone curve as you wish.
Swelling will disappear in 1 – 2 weeks and gradually look natural within a month. You will be asked for strap the medical plaster for few days.
Bruising and swelling always happen after the operation but can be minimizes by cold compression and keep the head up. You may be discomfort in chewing and also feel tightness and numbness around cheek area. Pain can be controlled by pain killer medication. Rest after the surgery is an important thing we suggest but most patients can move immediately. Patient can be back to normal activities in week but should avoid strenuous activities for few weeks. Chin and cheek augmentation cause discomfort like aching, and numbness along with swelling. Patients should rinse their mouth with mouthwash after each meal.
1 – 2 hours
Possible risks and complications
- Swelling and bruising will happened because bleeding come through the surface of bone but cold compression can heal those complications a lot.
- Infection is uncommon. We usually dose with prophylactic antibiotics pre and post the operation.
- Unusual feeling on face for a while but it will become normal.
Those side effects would be much more if another cosmetic surgery procedure were performed.
1 night (in case of doing under general anesthesia)
General or local